Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
ladyliberty  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 4:10:54 AM(UTC)
ladyliberty

Groups:

HI Maihoa,
I'm sure you've heard the saying "don't judge a book by its cover." She LOOKS arrogant? How does someone do that? Perhaps you think everyone who is beautiful is arrogant. Not true.
She sounds arrogant? How has she done that? Does she always talk about herself of what she owns, or how much money she makes, or how good she is at everything? If she has, I haven't heard it--and certainly not on an ASIA dvd. Or by sound do you mean her voice? Perhaps you're turned off by the great--practically perfect voice she has.
I'm sure most of what they say on those dvd's are scripted or planned out ahead of time. You said to be an MC for Asia she should know more Vietnamese and "noi cho de nghe...."
Well, if your Vietnamese is no better than hers, than YOU'VE got nothing to complain about. It's not like her Vietnamese is so bad you can't understand what she's saying.
Some people complain that she speaks English on the dvd's. Well, even my dad--who is 65, naturally sticks in a word or two of English when he speaks Vietnamese. (funny, huh?) And believe it or not, there are young audience members who don't speak or understand much Vietnamese.
Like everyone else, you're entitled to your own opinion. Sometimes people question our opinion...so that we may question ourselves.

p.s. MLAM.......got an extension cord?[;)]
MLAM  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 3:11:49 PM(UTC)
MLAM

Groups:

Why insult each other such as you don't like certain characteristic about this particular person because I assume that you don't have such and such comparable to that particular person? We aren't that petty. It's funny to conclude that someone dislikes a certain type of flower just because she/he has something against all flowers. Develop a sense of humor instead... :P

You can't judge a book by its cover 100%, but possibly by 30%-50%. Unfortunately in fact, most people do that all the time in choosing who they befriend with, date, employ, etc....
I see anh/chi maihoa's opinion. Compare co Leyna with chu Nam Loc or chu Viet Dung for example, she looks and speaks with certain gestures of a proud person, not entirely in what she says. It's like how you say these sentences, for instance, "oh, I have something to tell you..." versus "you know what, let me tell you something..." How well the opposite person is going to receive these 2 sentences depends on your gestures and your tone of voice as you speak. We see things differently, that's all.

Co Leyna might be an ideal MC to many people. I just prefer someone who's more fluent in Vietnamese, multi-lingual would be even better, :P I rather she speaks in a modest, subtle, gentle manner, same for her gesture/look, in what she says, how she says it. She's assertive but charming, not proud, neither overassertive nor too blunt. If she's not witty by nature then she can try to make up some funny jokes whenever appropriate. Being subtle and gentle doesn't mean dull, uninteresting, and boring. People might consider otherwise and might not like that type... anyhoo... when I spot someone like that I'll alert chu Truc Ho... :) MLAM ly su vay cung du* roi, bay gio "dang van" di du ngoan cho khac day... :P

*p.s. ladyliberty, I don't think an extension cord is such a good idea in the rain and since ladyliberty is as high at that elevation... :P
maihoa  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 1:06:04 AM(UTC)
maihoa

Groups:

Thanks MLAM. I don't think Ladyliberty get my point, it's getting ridiculous! Leyna is so great to her so let it be that. My last post on this topic.
don  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 1:43:32 AM(UTC)
don

Groups:

I noticed that all the talking here about Leyna, whether good or bad, are between the ladies. Well that answers it. [8D]. To me, Leyna is OK in the overall. If it wasn't Leyna in the DVD 75 nam, that DVD wouldn't be that entertaining.

Favorite MC's:
Viet Dzung
Nam Loc
Leyna
Trinh Hoi
Thien Kim
& Y Phung

Asia, just keep up the good work.
don  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2006 2:01:13 AM(UTC)
don

Groups:

One more thing, to pair them up for the best, here they are:

Viet Dzung - Thien Kim
Nam Loc - Leyna
Trinh Hoi - Y Phung

Cannot allow a pair where MC's calling each other "chu' voi cha'u". It's awkward. "Anh, em" sounds better.
huong1971  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:15:57 AM(UTC)
huong1971

Groups:

Hello MLAM! U cho la tui noi nang loi ha? Nhung do la su that, ma dieu that thi hay MIT LONG, tuy nhien chung ta la nguoi viet voi nhau, tui chi mong moi nguoi nen dong gop y kien va xay dung cho nhau , chu dung DA KICH nhau, nhung neu U nghi la tui nang loi voi U thi tui xin loi,vi tui thay U chua biet ro nhung gi ma co Leyna da va dang lam, ma U phe binh nay kia qua dang, nen tui moi noi de U tim hieu them ve co ta.
Vi tui thay tuoi tre o day may ai lam duoc nhung gi ma co Leyna da va dang lam, mac du khong phai co ta lam cho chin ban than cua tui, nhung tui vo cung cam kich tam long Tu Tam cua co ta, nghi den nhung nguoi kem may man thua minh.
Chi the thoi.