Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
dan428  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2007 3:07:01 AM(UTC)
dan428

Groups:

yeah..me 2
donhofan  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2007 3:14:59 PM(UTC)
donhofan

Groups:

Seems like all the great singers are getting out of TN. Even Nhu Quynh is gone too. Don Ho dresses lots nicer now too. I love all his outfits.
JellyBelly  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:14:47 PM(UTC)
JellyBelly

Groups:

Great singers are still great singers no matter which music companies they are with. Because they are singers with real talents.
Mu*a Ha.  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:27:59 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

Yes, no matter which music production DH is with, he's still so bright with his own talent in both voice and performance. The more I listen to DH songs, the more my heart is melted with the songs he sang. After all, I even think his voice is much more touching than LNT although I used to love LNT voice a lot before.
BMW  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:54:06 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

right now I'm listening to "Mot Doi Van Nho",a song by Dieu Huong. Don Ho sings this song the best. I can't describe the way I really feel when listening to this one. I just feel so sad,and lonely (even though I'm married and all),I guess that because his voice carries so much emotions,and feelings that you just can't help but absorb what the song really is about.Don Ho is the only singer that could do Dieu Huong's music justice.
Mu*a Ha.  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:24:09 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by BMW
right now I'm listening to "Mot Doi Van Nho",a song by Dieu Huong. Don Ho sings this song the best. I can't describe the way I really feel when listening to this one. I just feel so sad,and lonely (even though I'm married and all),I guess that because his voice carries so much emotions,and feelings that you just can't help but absorb what the song really is about.Don Ho is the only singer that could do Dieu Huong's music justice.

Bạn BMW ơi, bạn cho tg biết bài Một Đời Vẫn Nhớ trong CD nào được không since I love both Don Ho voice and Dieu Huong music. tg có CD Tình Ca Diệu Hương của DH nhưng tg nhớ đâu có bài này đâu?
BMW  
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 9:56:11 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

It's from Tinh Ca Dieu Huong 3 called "Giong Le Kho". I think you can order it from Rang Dong,or check with music store where you live. I bought mine from RD,because Dieu Huong CDs are not sold where I live, they're so expensive...
Mu*a Ha.  
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:31:37 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by BMW
It's from Tinh Ca Dieu Huong 3 called "Giong Le Kho". I think you can order it from Rang Dong,or check with music store where you live. I bought mine from RD,because Dieu Huong CDs are not sold where I live, they're so expensive...

Thanks very much for letting me know. No wonder why I did not know about this song since I did not have Tình Ca Dieu Huong 3 CD. I'll order the cd from RD since I don't think the store nearby where I live has it also. By the way, what do think of the song "Giong Lệ Khô" sang by DH? I think he delivered this song really well too since I could feel the pain of losing his love without being able to cry. I hope the song "Mot Doi Van Nho" will be as good as "Giong Le Kho" or "Vì Đó Là Em".
BMW  
#29 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 10:46:20 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

OMIGOD,I love "Giong Le Kho" so much, and I think Don Ho delivers it so well. It's one of my fave from "VDLE" CD. Quang Dung sang this song in tinh ca DH 3,but compared to Don Ho version,it's not as good,QD's version was lifeless, dry,and the emotions weren't there at all. Why don't you listen to it and tell me what you think :). I personally think Don Ho sing Dieu Huong's songs the best,even better than Tuan Ngoc(he's too mature for me):)But between Giong Le Kho and Mot Doi Van Nho, I don't know which one I like better. I love both
BMW  
#30 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 11:06:49 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

Toygirl, I've changed my mind, after listening these 2 songs one after another, I like MDVN better. I love the arragement,and the instruments used,for example, the guitar, and I love its lyrics better too. Plus DH's voice was not as low and heavy like when he sang Giong Le Kho,and the beat in MDVN is faster too,but Don Ho still made the song sound very sad
Mu*a Ha.  
#31 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 4:10:23 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

BMW, now that you think MDVN is even better than Giòng Lệ Khô, I can't wait to hear this song. I'll let you know how I feel about this song once I get a chance to listen to it. Beside Truc Ho music, I like Dieu Huong's music next and I got to know Dieu Huong music through Quang Dũng's voice. However, after Dieu Huong's music got introduced to NVHN and ca sĩ HN like Don Ho, Lam Nhat Tien started to sing Dieu Huong's music, I realized that Don Ho sang way much better than Quang Dung. I had to say that Don Ho voice has completely delivered the soul of Dieu Huong or even Truc Ho's music (Trái Tim Mùa Dông). Actually, I have to say that he's talented and no matter which song of which composer he sang, he always brought the soul of the song out to its fullness that touches the audiences' hearts/feelings. I said that since I have heard him sang so good and so great through all types of musics of various composers like Ngo Thuy Mien, Trầm Tử Thiêng, Lê Trọng Cảnh (Mây Bay Ngàn Nhớ), Nhạc Pháp, Nhạc Ngoại Quốc lời Việt, Trúc Hồ, Diệu Hương, etc. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about DH voice with me. I really enjoy sharing with you, a fan who understand completely how great a singer DH is.
BMW  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 12:44:04 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

thanks tg, and don't forget that DH is great singing songs from not well-known songwriters like Dinh Trung Chinh (Ngon Nen Tinh Yeu), or Dino Hoang Dzung (Nails,Nguoi Tho May)too,and he's also great with Sy Dan's music (Con Tim Mu Loa,Vung Bien Vang...),but I'm sure you already know these :)
Mu*a Ha.  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 4:48:58 AM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

BMW, I just bought the CD Tình Ca Diệu Hương 3 "Giòng Lệ Khô" from the store nearby where I live. You're right. This CD is expensive. $15/cd while CDs made by Asia Entertainment or ThuyNga would cost about $10/cd. I don't mind spending $15 for that CD if it's worthy but I just wish there're more DH's songs sang by DH. Too bad that only one song was sang by DH, mostly sang by Quang Dung which I don't really want to listen.

OMGod, QD sang the song Giòng Lệ Khô is far worst than DH. If I had not had a chance to listen to DH singing Giong Le Kho, I would think QD is good in singing it but too bad that I listened to DH first, I then realize how bad QD singing Dieu Huong's songs with his dragging the pain so much that made me lost the feeling of it. What do you think about QD with Giong Le Kho?

Regard to the MDVN song, this song is great and thanks for your recommendation. However, I think the tempo of this song is rather slower than the tempo of Giòng Lệ Khô, not sure why you think the tempo/beat in MDVN is faster. Also, I think I heard flute or sáo in the music arrangment of MDVN rather than guitar. Well, I just listen to this song a few times yesterday so I may have missed the guitar part. However, overall I think both Giòng Lệ Khô and MDVN are good and I somewhat weigh GLK more than MDVN since the pain, the feeling of GLK is way more painful, more lonely, more broken hearted than MDVN (heheheehe, maybe it's just all because I like sad songs more ????). Any way, I really enjoy the CD although I wish to have more DH in this CD and you're absolutely right that DH could sing very well all songs written by various song-writters, famous or not well famous ones. I listened Nail, the song is funny and he sang good but I just don't quite like the song itself rather than the way he sang it. However, I wish DH just sticks with Nhạc Tình since that type of music is what his voice is best at.
BMW  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 9:48:30 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

at the intro of the MDVN, you could hear instruments used like flute yes, then guitar and piano at the same time. It's rather nice...You could actually hear guitar,drums,and piano very well. I personally love MDVN more. If you listen carefully, you could also hear DH's own background vocal, so cool. He's so good at doing background vocals. I don't like the "Nail" song itself, but I just tried to make my point that DH is capable of singing different types of musics,not just love,romantic songs. I think he's very versatile. And you're right,he's best with slow,romantic melodies. Have you ever heard "Tinh Mai Lenh Denh"?a slow-pop number, and it's in one of Asia's old CDs called "The Best Of Da Vu 2". It's nice to have in your collection.
Mu*a Ha.  
#35 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 7:56:39 AM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

Yeah, true. In addition to the flute, I could also hear piano, guitar and drum. Overall, the MDVN song is really great but I still like GLK a bit more due to the great lyrics of it
"Vì giòng lệ không rơi, niềm đau tàn phá kiếp người Từng giọt buồn chia phôi, từ nay vây kín góc trời"

Phần điệp khúc of GLK is also great with
"Rồi em bước chân đi Còn tôi đứng nơi đây Trông theo buồn vời vợi
Xác lá khô rụng đầy
Gió cuốn đi ngàn lời Mà giòng lệ không rơi
"

The GLK describes the real fact that only the pain of lost-love that ones can't cry is the most heart-broken one and this pain is the pain that will last for life. That is why I still like GLK more than MDVN. The lyric in MDVN is nothing too special since it just describes the love of "tình chỉ đẹp khi tình dang dở", same as any usual Vietnamese Tình ca music. No one thought of the pain without tear but Dieu Huong with GLK and she describes it really well and DH carried it out so perfect that I could feel the pain of lost love that he's going through while singing the song. Well, just my opinion on these two songs, although it's a bit different than yours but we both love the way DH delivered nhạc tình, right [:)]?

I do not have "The Best of Dạ Vu 2" CD. Now that you're telling about it, I'll look for this CD the next time I visit the CD store nearby my place then. Thanks very much for recommending me all good songs DH sang.
BMW  
#36 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 9:37:13 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

How can you write Vietnamese like that? it's so nice, with all the accents and all. And I'm glad that you too could feel the song like I do. I hope you'd get your Giong Le Kho CD from RD soon.[:)]
Mu*a Ha.  
#37 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 2:55:42 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

BMW, I already had the Giong Le Kho CD, Tình Ca Dieu Huong 3 from the store nearby where I live. I told you that yesterday, didn't you notice [:(][V][?]. Because I already had that CD, I could tell the differences between Giong Le Khô and Một Đời Vẫn Nhớ song. Now I felt like you did not read what I wrote in detail before regarding the new Giong Le Kho cd I just got[:(][V].

Regarding the Vietnamese with all mark, just download UniKey from the web (it's free, just go to google to look for it) and then install it. Once you install, select Unicode for Bảng Mã and VNI for Kiểu Gõ then you're ready to practice to gõ tiếng Việt (read the instruction came with Unikey to learn how to gõ in Vietnamese). At first I could only type very very slow so there were time I was not patient enough that I mixed between Vietnamese and English in my posts/replies. Now I'm very good at typing Vietnamese [:)]. Good luck and if you need any help, let me know.
BMW  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:42:49 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

I'm very sorry, so absent-minded. Sometimes having a little girl nagging at you in the background is very hard to concentrate on things like these hahahha
Thanks for the tips with the Vnamese thingy.
I'll try when have time. I'd love to type in Vietnamese.
Mu*a Ha.  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:40:46 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

BMW, you know what. After listening the Một Đời Vẫn Nhớ song for a million times ([:D][:D][:D] I'm just exaggerating), I then realize that MDVN is way much better than Giòng Lệ Khô, better in both music arrangement and the music itself. I should have listened to it more before I judged the song [:)].
donhofan  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:40:03 PM(UTC)
donhofan

Groups:

I think both songs are great but honestly i don't think Dieu huong's cd should be $15. I rather save the money to buy more of Don Ho's cd.