Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
donhofan  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 4:00:00 PM(UTC)
donhofan

Groups:

Pleasee put down your thoughts about Don ho here in the I love Don Ho Club. To me Don ho is a great artist and his voice is getting better through the years. i like most of his performances in asia and he's the best of the best!!!!
BMW  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:31:10 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

You've already read my thoughts, yes?
so, count me in...:)

I WILL LISTEN TO DON HO TILL MY LAST BREATH!
Mu*a Ha.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:01:49 AM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

Count me in too. He's a great singer. Whichever song he sings, he could express the feeling of it to the fullness. Not only his voice doing that but his face too. Even when I listen to him from a CD, I can even imagine how his face would look like when he expresses the loneliness, lost love, broken heart, etc. I love him so much with "Mây Bay Ngàn Nhớ", "Trái Tim Mùa Đông", "Vì Đó Là Em". Oh, so many to name here. The newest song of him I love is "Giờ Đã Không Còn Nữa" where he duet with LTV. I listened to that song over and over again and never get bored of it.
BMW  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:34:05 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

Has anyone here watched Van Son in Singapore yet? Don Ho sang "Aline", a French song. I'm sure you guys have heard of this one b4, and now sung by DH,it must be great. I can't wait to get the DVD.

I WILL LISTEN TO DON HO TILL MY LAST BREATH!
Thuy Dung  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 3:25:50 AM(UTC)
Thuy Dung

Groups:

Count me in, pls!!!
anh Don's always my number 1 idol since I was a little girl and my support to him will never stop! until my last breath as you said, sis ;)
it's just I'm not lucky enough to be in the US and go to the shows and scream for anh Don hihi thanks to the Internet I got to know more about aD, to know aD's other fans :) aD's music is a must in my life! So I'm here, in aD Fan Club ^_^
So today is taping show for Asia57, does anyone here attend the show? hope to get a review soon...
donhofan  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:44:26 PM(UTC)
donhofan

Groups:

Lots of don ho fans here. i'm so happy to be able to share my thoughts and my love about don ho with everyone.
Mu*a Ha.  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:14:08 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

Did you all read the review for DH at Asia 57 show? It's sooooooooo cool and I can't wait to see his performance at Asia 57. When DH was still with PBN, I heard the PBN MC said that for each of the song DH sang, he spent the time to prepare for his performance which included the choice of the dance, clothings, settings, etc. I'm wondering if it was his art work again at Asia 57 show to bright up his performance. What do you all think?
phonui  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:37:05 AM(UTC)
phonui

Groups:

I am not sure “I will listen to DH till my last breath” but I am thinking about changing my nick to DonHocrazyfan4ever, j/k hehe. I’ll definitely vote for DH as best male singer and best male performance. That is good enough to claim I am a big fan of DH too, right? So count me in [:)].
BMW  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:38:29 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

I love his performance in VS in Singapore. How come he started singing French songs more now? I love it though. I'd rather him sing romantic,love song from Dieu Huong or Truc Ho more. Don Ho in VS really stood out from the rest,because I never like the singer lineup in VS Prod., they're quite 'bad',starting with Ngo Thanh Van...Linda Chu doesn't look charming or cute like Asia's Doanh Doanh. Andy Q. is so lame, his voice is so mediocre. Don Ho shines everywhere he goes. He got rave review for his number in Asia's latest show,and I just can't wait to see it.
Mu*a Ha.  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:36:41 PM(UTC)
Mu*a Ha.

Groups:

I have not watched DH in VS in Singapore but I believe that DH is the shinest singer on VS stage. Same as BMW, I don't really like the singers in VS production. When I watch VS DVD, I mainly focus to the comedy parts first then to the singer later but mostly I skip those boring singers. Now that DN is singing for VS Production also, VS DVD will attract more people to buy because of DH, I believe.

BMW, what do mean by "rare review for his number in Asia's latest show"? I thought he got very good review for his performance in Asia 57. I believe his performance was one of the best for that show.
Thuy Dung  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 12:44:41 AM(UTC)
Thuy Dung

Groups:

You must watch VS in Singapore hihi aD's so handsome in his both appreances and he's so humorous! man I'm so jealous of aD's gf :">
BMW  
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:42:15 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by toygirl
I have not watched DH in VS in Singapore but I believe that DH is the shinest singer on VS stage. Same as BMW, I don't really like the singers in VS production. When I watch VS DVD, I mainly focus to the comedy parts first then to the singer later but mostly I skip those boring singers. Now that DN is singing for VS Production also, VS DVD will attract more people to buy because of DH, I believe.

BMW, what do mean by "rare review for his number in Asia's latest show"? I thought he got very good review for his performance in Asia 57. I believe his performance was one of the best for that show.
toygirl,it was 'rave review'. I believed I used the right adjective[:)]it means for good review[:)]

And now DH will be appearing in LTV's live show. DH's one busy dude[:I]no wonder he doesn't have time to release his own CD,hehehe.
BMW  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 12:46:36 AM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by toygirl
Did you all read the review for DH at Asia 57 show? It's sooooooooo cool and I can't wait to see his performance at Asia 57. When DH was still with PBN, I heard the PBN MC said that for each of the song DH sang, he spent the time to prepare for his performance which included the choice of the dance, clothings, settings, etc. I'm wondering if it was his art work again at Asia 57 show to bright up his performance. What do you all think?
Yes,it's true, at least when he was still with PBN. Do you remember the song he sang "Nhu Mot Khuc Nhac Buon"? He once said that for that particular performance, he had to get real, dry leaves from California,just for that song. And he sure did design his own stage backdrops and everything. And also in the song "Tinh Nho", that was his idea about those tall ghosts. He's very talented and creative.
dan428  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:12:00 PM(UTC)
dan428

Groups:

yeah..Don Ho is a very good singer.

the main reason is his versatile with the way he sing.
he's able to sing sad and happy song without a problem.
I hate to listen to a singer who is just able to carry a sad song.
to me, it's kinda like a routine. As a singer, You always bring a surprise to audience. It's like you would open a gift everyday without knowing what it is about.

Don is able to express the feeling of a song through his voice as well as his performance. I think he's kinda having a style of co thai thanh...able to express every words of a song.
i have been listening to him for almost 16 years without boredom.
BMW  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:23:45 PM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

dan428, speaking of the legendary Thai Thanh, in his "Nhip Buoc Hoang Vu" video, anh Don Ho did mention that his idol was Thai Thanh. Also, he said that he sort of tells a story when he sings, more like painting a picture,(he's an amazing artist,for real). That explains why he's so expressive with every single song he sings.
BMW  
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 1:52:21 PM(UTC)
BMW

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by Thuy Dung
You must watch VS in Singapore hihi aD's so handsome in his both appreances and he's so humorous! man I'm so jealous of aD's gf :">
Thuy Dung oiii,o*? DHA forum,sis post hin`h co' 2 co^ o*? hai be^n aD do' de.p qua',ma` ai la` MyTrinh,ai la` TD vay? sao chi. khong post duoc?phai TD in the black outfits khong?
dan428  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2007 4:46:06 PM(UTC)
dan428

Groups:

yeah.. i thought it was a big loss from TN to let don gone. However, TN has to respect his wishes.

overall, he will be famous no matter where he would go.

For now, He has proven it. All of 3 big production oversea are hiring him.
Van Son, Tinh, Asia.
Thuy Dung  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:07:38 AM(UTC)
Thuy Dung

Groups:

Correct statement you had on aD "overall, he will be famous no matter where he would go." hehe
can't deny wat TN has done for aD since the first day of his career but changing has brought him many other things, I think aD made a right decision for leaving TN at the right time :) he is much welcomed back to Asia, people love all of his performances in Asia now! that's great!!!
Thuy Dung  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:14:39 AM(UTC)
Thuy Dung

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by BMW
quote:
Originally posted by Thuy Dung
Thuy Dung oiii,o*? DHA forum,sis post hin`h co' 2 co^ o*? hai be^n aD do' de.p qua',ma` ai la` MyTrinh,ai la` TD vay? sao chi. khong post duoc?phai TD in the black outfits khong?

Sis oiii, TNga site hôm qua có vấn đề hay sao í, 1 lát sau e quay lại post thì lại đc, sis come back nhé ;)
hì ko phải e in the black outfits đâu, it's MT, me was in the green one (<--- that's aD's fav color haha)
donhofan  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:30:08 AM(UTC)
donhofan

Groups:

I actually enjoyed all of don ho's performances in asia a lot better now. I think asia is really improving these days and glad that don ho is a part of it. I don't watch thuy nga anymore.