Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
ASIA needs new MC !! Trinh Hoi SUCKS !!
nocloo
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:00:00 PM(UTC)
nocloo

Groups:

Not sure where they pulled this guy from. But he does not have the flair and the intelligent to be an MC at all !! Some of the comments was totally stupid and out of context. He's even worse than Nguyen Cao Ky Duyen.
Trinh Hoi noi chuyen vo duyen, lang xet, phan ung cham chap. All he got is half of a look. He got to go back and learn more Vmese history, music, and general knowledge so he can have something to talk about.
--
Lotus
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2005 7:32:20 PM(UTC)
Lotus

Groups:

I think that everything is a learning process. Trinh Hoi profession is a lawyer and he's trying new things. I have to be honest, I think that he's quite charming and funny. I like the fact that everything he said doesn't come across like it was rehearsed, it comes very naturally.

Trinh Hoi, I think that you're doing a great job and keep going.
De Tu
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2005 1:46:59 AM(UTC)
De Tu

Groups:

although he may have saved thousand of vietnamese refugees in the philippines, but doing so does not make one becoming a great MC...

an MC is quite an important role for a major production like ASIA, it is not a place where one can practice to becoming better

i personally do not think T.H. has the charm & charisma & elegant to take on the MC role -- such roles are for those who are born as gifted

T.H. is gifted to do "phong su" but not M.C. One cannot be a "jack of all trades"

A Fan of ASIA
gmt_bt
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2005 10:37:34 AM(UTC)
gmt_bt

Groups:

I think it's okay for him to be an MC for one or two times, but MC as a "pro" ??? No Way
I agree, Trinh Hoi doesn't have that talent

http://www.quyen.net.tf/
GMT_BT
Lotus
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2005 4:37:13 PM(UTC)
Lotus

Groups:

Nobody is born a great leader or perfect at what they're doing. They spent years developing to be who they are. Trinh Hoi is no different. He has improved so much from his first appearance and I'm sure in time, he will be a great MC.

I agree with De Tu, what Trinh Hoi did does not warrant a great MC, but I still stand by my opinion of him. And I respect everyone's opinions because everyonbe is entitle to express their own view and of course, he can't please everyone.
etnhe
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2005 12:10:00 AM(UTC)
etnhe

Groups:

wow! I think Asia has been working hard for finding good MCs for their DVD productions. However, finding good MCs is not easy at all and it takes a lot of time and energy. I like all the Asia MCs and suppor them, however I would like to see them take more time to practice in the rehearsals. It seems like most of them are sometime (up-a-up-ung) when finding words to say. It is not good at all that they didn't show any improvement when they oviously couple times on the stages for many big music concerts. I truly wish that Asia can find many good MCs in the near future.

Fan of Asia

e
longevtaste
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 12:39:58 PM(UTC)
longevtaste

Groups: Registered

quote:
Originally posted by nocloo

Not sure where they pulled this guy from. But he does not have the flair and the intelligent to be an MC at all !! Some of the comments was totally stupid and out of context. He's even worse than Nguyen Cao Ky Duyen.
Trinh Hoi noi chuyen vo duyen, lang xet, phan ung cham chap. All he got is half of a look. He got to go back and learn more Vmese history, music, and general knowledge so he can have something to talk about.
--

Maybe you get used to a good and charm story teller like Nguyen Ngoc Ngan? I think it's hard to find another person like the later man. However, Trinh Hoi has his bravery, enthusiastic, talents and energy to do what NNN cannot do. It is to be a live witness to tell true stories not jokes about the suffering as well as happiness of our fellowmen - the VC's victims around the world especially in such places like Taiwan or the Phillippines. If NNN is a Viet Jay Leno, then Trinh Hoi can be a true eyewitness CNN-like reporter. While NNN can be an entertainer, Trinh Hoi together with VietDzung, Nam Loc and the Asia Ent are making historical and documentary videos for this and later generations.

nocloo
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 10:02:55 AM(UTC)
nocloo

Groups:

Whoooozz and behold there !! What's wrong with voicing my opinion that TH sucks and clearly lacks the talent to be an MC ? We do have a divergent opinions about the man and I respect yours. You do not have to resort to name callings here.

The purpose of this forum is for the fan of Asia to voice their opinions, both positives and negatives about a product their spent their hard earned money on. So changes can be make to improve the originality and quality of future productions. You did your part and I did mine, I respectfully request that you stop the personnal attacks here.

Your time are better spent by creating your own "PRAISE ONLY" post and exercise your beliefs there.

Best regards,
-N

http://www.nocloo.com
==

nocloo
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2005 4:03:51 PM(UTC)
nocloo

Groups:

To be honest, it was quite fun reading your comments. Are we discussing about TH qualifications to be an MC of Asia or are we talking about Bruce Willis saving the world therefore he ought to be president ? Yay !! I wasn't sure.

Seriously, back to debunking the myth and the logic behind your fanatic support of TH to be MC.

1) An heroic/courageous act can simply be said of one who risks or put his life in peril to save others. WHAT Trinh Hoi DID ? He did good deeds, by offering his time, expertise as a lawyer to help many families get a better life. Just like thousands of Americans, who have opened the doors of their homes to the Vmese refugees over the years or hundreds of volunteers who lived in refugees camps for many years during the boat people crisis (75-89) and did help thousands of people get new lives. The list goes on ...

2) "Saved thousands of lifes" ?? Are you on crack ?!? I have serious doubt that if he wasn't there, those thousands of people are going to be DEAD. See above.

3) It was not a single man task by any stretch of imagination. It it with the help of hundreds of other people, like himself who has donated their time, money, services that helped those people. So if you plan to attribute credit, do it with grace and include others too. See (1).

Now, back to the topic. How does helping people and being a good samaritan qualifies you to be an MC ?? If you haven't got my point yet. Here it is: TH should stick to what he does best, a lawyer, a good samaritan, etc. instead of being a clown on stage. It is not his point fort. Oups ... that's very "venomous" of me.

I intent do be polite and have perform the foot in mouth sequence.

For your information, I'm just asking if you are on crack ... See (2), I'm not insinuating, nor suggesting that you are and cannot be construed in anyway as giving "order over here. don't be authoritarian". If that wasn't clear as in my previous post.

PS:
(a) I do have many curtains, and happened to be "hiding" behind them when I'm in my house.
(b)I enjoy doing "trick" by pulling them up and down when it pleases me. Try it, it's quite fun "scaring people" that way. However, I must resist the temptation, otherwise, I'll be "gone, and never ask to come back".
(c) Yes, do I know the person who looked like me, he was in the mirror this morning.

Regards,
-N

http://www.nocloo.com
Derek
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:21:24 PM(UTC)
Derek

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 103 post(s)
to be honest and this is just my own opinion ok, no offend ..
It is difficult to find such a compatible couple like Ky duyen Ngoc ngan ... I personally do not like NNN in some manners but i have to admit that THEY ARE THE BEST.
Until finding the really really cool faces. Why not accept the fact that Asia does not have a notoriously good MC's. lets just focus on other things such as song, performamces, settings and most importantly is the theme.
De Tu
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2005 2:10:17 PM(UTC)
De Tu

Groups:

alrighty... let's break up with friction by me saying this:

nocloo: I do agree to a certain extend that it is God's gift for one to be a talented MC... just cuz TH has done so many things (as stated) that does not mean he will be a good MC. I feel that if TH wants to be a good MC he needs to speak more from the heart.. not his "mate" type of accents cuz it is getting old and it is a pretty bad "tone" for an MC. <-- just my honest opinion.

nomilktoday: I do agree with you that he has just started... but for a musical show like ASIA -- TH can't use a stage of over $1 million dollars worth of expenses to do his "trial & errors". Did you see his live performance at Mua He Ruc Ro 2005 on Friday? it was HORRIBLE! I mean horrible! I heard Truc Ho & Thy Van had a major talk with TH on Saturday morning and asked him to change his image otherwise he would be "cut"! ASIA's DVD released of MHRR 2005, they used a lot more clips from their Saturday night show instead of Friday night.

[:)]

A Fan of ASIA
holahazn
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:51:46 PM(UTC)
holahazn

Groups:

the dudes a lawyer cut him some slack....they gotta stop pulling out the little rose queens or there special guest to be MC they suck
khanh bui
#13 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2005 10:32:26 AM(UTC)
khanh bui

Groups:

Alright people, no harsh comments, no strong critism is allowed. What do you think this is, a demoncracy? Sugar-coat everything!

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy.
If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
-Socrates (469 B.C.-399 B.C)-
TamTam
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:10:43 AM(UTC)
TamTam

Groups:

Hi nomilktoday, khanh_bui wrote "demoncracy," not democracy. hehe. (demon)
nocloo
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:37:20 AM(UTC)
nocloo

Groups:

Nomilk:
Gezzz ... Never thought this can turn out to be so funny. I see that you've appointed yourself the village "chief" and decide what can be said. Your scatological diatribes is far superior to your capacity of comprehending the topic of contention and it's the only fun thing to read about. So it's pointless to say again that we're discussing TH's ability/competency to be a MC.

I have no desire to respond to your lame personal attacks as I've expressed in my earlier posts. You can take pride on it and perhaps it is a polite thing to do for you. One village "chief" is enough.

Believe me, I don't have any problems standing in front of the refugees he has helped talking about TH's lacks of competency/ability to be a MC. I'm sure, unlike you, the majority of them understand fredoom of speech and capable of differentiating between attacking one's integrity vs criticizing one's ability/competency to funfil a job. If that failed to register, then perhaps this poor analogy will:

1- G.W. BUSH IS A GOOD CHRISTIAN, THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM A GOOD PRESIDENT NOR A SMART PERSON.
2- THE WHITEHOUSE IS NOT A PLACE FOR BUSH TO LEARN ON HOW TO DO THE JOB.

Perhaps you should re-read some previous posts. Others have tried shed some light on your path. Yet, you kept falling flat on your face for some unfathomable reasons.

Regarding your last comment about answering Longvtaste's post. Living in your thick cloud of ignorance, you failed to register Longvtaste's points. He was discussing TH's works as a "live witness", or simply said a field reporter as an added value to Asia. Which has very little to do with my original post about his ability/competency to be an MC. Therefore I didn't venture into a tangent discussion and detract from the original intent of my post.

Now, I partially agreed with Longvtaste that TH has the energy and arguably some "talents" to report some "news", aka. short field reporting/interviews and added to the value of the production and my agreements ends there. Interesting concept? Perhaps. Viable as a longterm add-on/solution? Probably not. Asia's goal is to entertain a broad audience and at times, shed some historical light when appropriate to the theme in question. It is not a permanent a venue for political activists. The two minutes snippets here and there doesn't make it "historical" for "later generations", time will tell. Finally, a documentary is entirely a different subject and Asia DVD doesn't fit into that category.

Regards,
nocloo

haydenpgh
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:36:06 AM(UTC)
haydenpgh

Groups:

Supporting the troops in far different from supporting the War or President Bush. He's no hero, he's a coward. When something good happened, he got the credit, but then something bad happened, all he knows is to blame everyone else.

His administration always talk about "war on terrorist", but after they invaded Iraq, others countries wanted to come there to join a hand. But NO, what did Bush said? He said "You didn't fight the war, now you're trying to get some profit?". I don't remember his exact words but basicly " khong di sa(n cung`, ma` doi` chia thit." That's is totally against his "mission". If he really wanted to help those poor Iraq people, why does it matter who come to build that countries. He wanted OIL, but too bad his dream doesn't come true. Innocent people continue to die....so sad. He's not that far different from Saddam.

About MC Trinh Hoi, I think he's great with his mission of helping Vietnamese in Phi, but not as an MC. I don't know how can you compare him with MC NNN, I can't help to laugh.
vynguyen1993
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:22:17 AM(UTC)
vynguyen1993

Groups:

quote:
Originally posted by nocloo

--

What are you talking about? He is a very friendly guy. Why do you hate himanyway?
TamTam
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2005 3:06:57 PM(UTC)
TamTam

Groups:

Geez nocloo, please calm down a little bit on your English. I'm talking about: "Your scatological diatribes is far superior to your capacity of comprehending the topic of contention..."

I don't know what's so bad about Trinh Hoi. I actually think that he's very natural, and I don't think that he's ever made any perverted comments, so what's so bad about him? He has this innocent charm about him, and yes, he's not a perfect, experienced MC like the others, but that's what makes him different. If he were to stand there with a stiff face, and every word that comes out of his mouth are perfectly-spoken, then I think that that would make him a very dull MC. I still don't understand why so many people don't like the guy? Is it because he's married to Nguyen Cao Ky Duyen?
De Tu
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2005 3:16:45 PM(UTC)
De Tu

Groups:

i think it is like this way.. remember Ben Affleck & JLo and the aweful movie GIGLI? Well... NCKY & TH are similar. [:)] It just does not work with a married couple trying to do similar things publicly on competing companies (ASIA vs PBN). Isn't it a bit strange??!!

hey..just my 2cents [:)]

A Fan of ASIA
haydenpgh
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2005 10:19:35 PM(UTC)
haydenpgh

Groups:

you talk just like him " you're not with us, u're with terrorist"
so thousands of people in US protest against the war, protest to bring the troops home are all terrorist supporters?
that's BS
you think going to war in Iraq stop the terrorist? but the fact is it's increasing
even he knows he made the BIG mistake, but to late, there is nothing he can do now, just have to wait until withdraw
Did he really help the Iraq people? or now more people die both sides?
Using his stupid reasons for invading Iraq, weapons of mass destruction? where are they? did Iraq have it? NO, ALL LIES, from your President.

it tooks many years for Clinton to help the US economy, and it took Bush one year to wipe out the surplus. Since he's elected, he's on vacation more than working in DC, and I'm not making this up.

"Love it or Leave it", sound like communist to me
the only different is, it's come from a leader of a democratic nation, that's disgusting
Bush's hands are all red with blood right now, so he's trying to wipe in on someone else, hahaha

"not supporting the war means supporting the terrorist?"
"you didn't help us, so don't even think to come to Iraq and share"
sounds like a little kid, "he tried to kill my daddy"
hahaha, he's the joke for centuries more to come

SUPPORTING THE TROOPS (hope they all come home safely), not the WAR, and definitely not BUSH